Home

Monday, October 24, 2011

Makeover: Pedestal Table

I had been on the hunt for a new kitchen table and I was convinced that I could should a)not pay retail b)make it amazing. So begins my hunt for the perfect kitchen table. I searched Craigslist until I found what I was looking for.

INSPIRATION:



OUR PEDESTAL TABLE:

Purchased on Craigslist. I think this was a kids craft table. It was yucky!

Products used: Minwax Stain with polyurethane in "Bombay Mahagony Satin", Rust-Oleum Spraypaint in "Satin White"

Luckily the base was easily removeable from the top of the table. I lightly sandpapered the base, just to get off the shiny-ish topcoat. Then, I applied several light coats of spraypaint to the base until it "looked good". I used the entire can.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the most professional way to protect the top of the table but hey, I used what I had! I taped coupons to the underside of the table, checking each page to see if I needed to clip any first..of course. Then spraypaint.

**I don't really have any "staining" pictures to post. I'll be a better project documenter in the future. I put about 5 coats of stain on the top of the table.**

Table is finished and in our kitchen. I'm really happy with how it turned out. :)

2 comments:

  1. What did you do to the original chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband said they were rickety and we couldn't keep them...so we gave them away. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete