Home

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Makeover: Nightstands

We've been living with one nightstand for a few months. I refused to buy anything temporary until I found EXACTLY what I was looking for. I happened to walk into a Goodwill and found these little darlings. I quickly decided that these were the nightstands and they came home with me!


This was my first time using a paint stripper. I bought "Citristrip Paint Stripping Gel" from Lowe's. It smelled like oranges, not like super toxic fumes. I painted it on with a cheapy foam brush and it started eating the paint away within 5 minutes!
This is Kahuna. He's helping his mom...as usual.
I found a paint swatch in turquoise that perfectly matched our comforter and stained the top of each nighstand. Last I switched out the knobs, also purchased at Lowes.


No comments:

Post a Comment